Thursday, January 22, 2015

My response to the State of the Union Address

I listened carefully to President Obama’s speech last night waiting to hear what he would say about Islamic terrorism. His comment was very short. "We will continue to hunt down terrorists and dismantle their networks, and we reserve the right to act unilaterally, as we have done relentlessly since I took office to take out terrorists who pose a threat to us and our allies." "It's why we continue to reject offensive stereotypes of Muslims---the vast majority of whom share our commitment to peace." My immediate reaction was that he will not ever link terrorism to the Muslim community. Not recognizing the connection leaves our military and law enforcement in a quandary as to what they should be doing. I firmly believe now that the reason neither he nor anyone else in a high administration position attended the rally in Paris. It was not an oversight or a lack of staff support. The European leaders had finally, after decades of denial clearly stated that the attack was by Islamic terrorists. Obama would not support that and so he stayed home. Eric Holder was in Paris. All that was needed was a phone call to have him show up. If he got a call it was to not show up. I do not condemn all those who profess their allegiance to Mohammed but at the same time I believe that they for the most part are taking passive positions against terrorism with only a few exceptions. Those who dare to speak out are endangering their own lives. There is very little wiggle room. I believe we have been made suckers with our multi trillion dollar expenditures in the Middle East and that our evolvement has merely strengthened and encouraged more to join the crusade. Right now we are bombing Sunnis while at the same time Shias are taking over Yemen. If it was up to me I would withdraw completely and let them sort it out. I would suspend all financial support. Jack B. Walters January 21, 2015

No comments: