Thursday, August 2, 2018

90th Birthday Hike

We picked a warm, humid, overcast day to do this hike. The gnats annoyed us, going after our sweaty heads. Nonetheless it was a great day, especially for me, as thirty-one club members and five guests came to hike with us. We took frequent breaks since this was considered as a social hike with great conversations by all. I took them to the back side of the water tower where a stone cross had been made years ago. I also made the point of how much my hiking stick means to me. It was made by Bob Cardell. Then I led everyone down two trails back to the parking lot. Roxanna and many willing helpers arranged the refreshments in the picnic grove for the party following the hike. Thank you to all who assisted with the party set-up. We were joined by ten Blacketts Ridge hikers for the celebration. Sincere thanks to everyone who shared this special day with me to hike or celebrate at the party afterwards. I am grateful for the kind words and memories expressed, the special cards with thoughtful sentiments, and especially for the many friends in this club who made this birthday so memorable. • • • • ________________________________________

No comments: