Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Public Speaking 101

I once had a position where I was being interviewed by the press. I was sent to a class on speaking on TV. The things I remember were; speak to the camera not the interviewer. It is the public you are hoping to reach. Keep a pleasant face, smile, never look angry. If asked an outrageous question such as “Are you still beating your wife”? Never respond by saying no. It will be implied you had been. Take the opportunity to say whatever you want to inform the public about. I am only writing this out of disgust for the shameful “debate” we watched last night. Both candidates disgraced themselves and our country with their childish ranting. They refused to respond to the moderator, talked over and constantly insulted each other. Their teams had promised not to do this and to allow two minutes uninterrupted. Both supposedly had advisors to help prepare. They should all hang their heads in shame.

No comments: