Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Letter to the Editor

Swimming Pools VS Guns Mary Anne Davis responded to my article requesting penalties for gun owners whose careless act resulted in a child finding a gun and pulling the trigger. She may be correct but it is my opinion she wrote to disparage the veracity of what I wrote. There are many hazards to be found in homes including cleaning chemicals, drugs, knives, etc. that should be properly stored out of reach of curious hands. We are all guilty of being irresponsible and careless one time or another. The jails can’t hold us all. There is a difference between these and guns. These are to serve a useful purpose or provide pleasure. A gun is designed to be used against a person or animal whether as a criminal or in self-defense. I stand by my previous letter. Jack B. Walters January 15, 2014

No comments: