Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Letter to Dave Heeke

Dave Heeke September 4, 2018 Director of Athletics Dear Sir, I am one of many; I hope, that was incensed to read that the Nike Company has chosen to honor Colin Kaepernick by granting him a multi-year contract to represent the company. They refer to him as an “All American Icon” and wrote “Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.” I am aware that the U. of A. uses Nike for uniforms and sports goods in their stores. I don’t expect you to cancel the contract but you might rethink when a new contract is considered. I have no doubt most active players have some of the same views as Kaepernick but you need to remember that most of those long term buyers of tickets are from previous generations for whom this disgraceful conduct is not acceptable. Yours truly, Jack B. Walters

No comments: