Thursday, October 15, 2009

ANTI-SEMITISM

I have been thinking quite a bit lately about the resurgence of anti- Semitism in the world today. The following are my thoughts after reading the letter written by Mr. William E. Grim, an American of German descent telling about his personal observations gleaned by visiting Germany. He is not a Jew.
Everything I have read regarding this subject makes the truth of his words acceptable to me. If you disagree strongly or even mildly then I ask that you send information to me so I can learn from reading it.
In 1945 the civilized world was stunned to realize the enormity of the Holocaust and the slaughter of over 6 million Jews and another 6 million of persons found to be inferior or not willing to conform to the tenets of Nazism. It is starting all over again. It is like a virus that just can’t be killed. It pops up here and there and eventually consumes all in its path. The Jewish people it seems are blamed for all sorts of problems. They are an easy target. A funny thing happened after the war when they settled into the Holy Land. They were attacked again and again and guess what instead of allowing themselves to be led to the slaughter houses they fought back and won each time. For them there will no second chance. The first war they lose and the curtain of death will descend on them. That will trigger world chaos. It cannot be allowed to happen.
A few days ago I forwarded an e-mail entitled “The Speech” given by the current Prime Minister of Israel. I thought it was brilliant. Some of you responded about how horrible the Jews have been in their treatment of the Palestinians. I cannot dispute the truth of this. In particular those who fled during the wars with neighboring Arab countries were not allowed to return. In addition many were forced off their land to make room for Jews immigrating to Israel from Europe. I will not equate this to the extermination of over six million Jews by the Nazis during WWII.
Now that they have a homeland they are determined to stay against the entire Arab world whose goal is to rid the world of all Jews. The Arabs are supported again and again by the majority of countries in the U.N. The U.N. never condemns the Palestinians from sending missiles indiscriminately into Israel. They only condemn Israel when they fight back.
Early in Mr. Grim’s letter he refers to Mein Kampf, the famous book written by Adolf Hitler. It was published in 1925. I read this after America entered WWII to try to understand what was happening. The one part I will never forget was his condemnation of all Jews. He used the Bible as reference. Go to Mathew Chapter 27, verse 25 and there it is written, And all the people answered, “His blood be on us and our children”. That was his justification for the slaughter that followed as soon as he acquired the power to do so. He called all Jews “Christ Killers”. It worked. The German people allowed them to be rounded up and deported to places unknown. Whether they knew of their fate is a question to be answered. They happily acquired the homes and properties as their own.
A book written by Bruce Bawer in 2006 entitled, “While Europe Slept” exposes the threat to Jews everywhere in Europe by the rapid increase in the Muslim community which he estimates at over 20 million just three years ago.
I have just re-read the letter I composed to the Israeli Embassy in Washington 6/11/03. It was entitled, “Open Letter to the Israeli Government”. My basic premise I still believe was right. The only difference is that Bush is no longer President, Obama is. Regrettably he is pushing hard for a separate State solution, which I claimed then and now, can never be. All of the territory must be encompassed under one government with charity and understanding between those of different beliefs. If in fact the current Israeli government is pushing to create a Jewish State then they will fail. A homeland for displaced Jews is one thing. Discrimination against other faiths is another. What I had proposed was assimilating portions into the new nation and letting the natural process of improved lives for all create the climate necessary to sustain the process.
I decided to check out the internet, so I Googled “Anti-Semitism”. You could do the same. There are many opportunities to research history up to the present day even here in America. I copied a few that caught my attention. Most I gleaned from Wikipedia. There are hundreds of other sources. I do not have the wherewithal nor energy to explore every word to see if 100% correct. Should you see something that bothers you as to accuracy I would be pleased to hear from you. I have sent out retractions in the past and will no doubt also in the future with this or other subjects.
The following are from those sources:
Recently Professor Dietz Bering of the University of Cologne defined anti-Semitism as, “Jews are not only partially but totally bad by nature, that is, their bad traits are incorrigible…..Jews bring disaster on their “host societies” or on the whole world, they are doing it secretly, therefore the anti-Semites feel obligated to unmask the conspiratorial, bad Jewish characteristics.
Henry Ford wrote many anti-Jewish articles in his newspaper “The Dearborn Independent”.
There is a large section entitled “New Testament and anti-Semitism. It points out the many instances where the Gospel writers expressed Jews in unfavorable terms. I had pointed out one in the paragraph at the top of page two.
Martin Luther wrote a book “On the Jews and their lies”. He advocated the murder of those who refused to convert to Christianity, writing that “We are at fault for not slaying them”.
The Roman Catholic Church in the 19th and 20th centuries was strongly anti-Semitic.
Saudi textbooks today teach Muslim children to “hate” Christians, Jews and other non believers. A line from a book stated that ” fighting between Muslims and Jews will continue until judgment day”. In 2005 the US expressed “serious concerns” over anti Semitic passages in Pakistani text books.
Finally there are recent articles about incidents in America which proves to me that those of the Jewish faith are not safe even in our country, so we can’t just say it is a problem somewhere else.
I guess all I can ask of you receiving a copy of this letter is to take any opportunity to stand up for and offer protection to Jews whenever a situation presents itself. In my life I have known a number of people who are professing Jews. I have considered them friends. I don’t discriminate based on a person’s religious beliefs.


Jack B. Walters
3961 N. Hillwood Circle
Tucson, AZ 85750
(520) 722-2958
October 13, 2009
jackbwalters@yahoo.com


.















.

No comments: