Wednesday, January 30, 2013

American Women in Combat-Letter to the editor

I have waited since the announcement for reaction from the public in opposition to this decision. Nothing, therefore I will provide my own. I am 84 and of the WWII generation. In my world it was the man’s responsibility to do the fighting and dying. We would not contemplate staying home and reading about the death or capture of American females. I realize my kind are old fashioned and out of step with the new world. So be it. America today is willing to send men and now women into wars as long as they are someone else’s children. How different it would be if their sons and now daughters were drafted and sent into harm’s way. Would we still have soldiers dying in Afghanistan after 12 years of useless squandering of lives and Trillions of dollars? I think not. Jack B. Walters

No comments: