Thursday, May 17, 2012

Screwed by Dick Morris & Eileen McGann

I caught an interview on talk radio where Dick Morris was discussing his just released book “Screwed”. Upon returning home I placed an order for it. I have not been disappointed. I have known about him for many years beginning when he was the political advisor to Bill Clinton. I have always held him at arm’s length since he appeared to me to be a turncoat moving from one party to the other or in the news media, able to sell whatever he was promoting at the time. The reason I jumped at buying his book is that much of what was purported to be in it were ideas I have firmly held for decades. I was not disappointed, nor will you if you also read. Many of you know that my own personal writing is often blunt. I purposely present my thoughts without ambiguity. Other writers try to be balanced. I see no need to follow their example. There are more on the other side so I feel free to state my case in a simple direct fashion. There are eleven chapters, each devoted to a specific area where we Americans are getting the short end of the stick. They are; 1- A World WithoutDemocracy; America Without Sovereignty 2- Trick or Treaties; How the European Union is Preempting Congress and Binding Us Through International Treaties 3- China 4- Pakistan 5- Afghanistan 6- Saudi Arabia 7- The United Nations of Corruption 8- The World Bank 9- Foreign Aid; Biting the Hand That Feeds Them 10- In Our Backyard; The Chavez-Ahmadinejad Alliance 11- The Enemy Within I listed the chapters to give you an idea of the subject matter. I am not going to try to give a summary of each as it would need to be voluminous. I will state without exception that I support his ideas in total. As I stated at the beginning most of these thoughts I have written about since I began in 2003. Let me just say that any or all of these problems could be resolved if we could ever have a President and Congress who put the interests of America ahead of foreign countries and greed. The obscene money being earned by former elected officials is revolting. They sign on as lobbyists and promote the interests of foreign regimes against the best interest of America, often supporting issues which as a Congress person they previously opposed. He names people who I am sure you will be shocked to learn about from both parties. Money it seems is all that is important. We are constantly being deceived into voting for or against a person. We give outlandish amounts of money in the vain hope that when elected they will steer a straight course not allowing lobbyists to consume their personal time or accept their financial support. We are losing big time. My book is available for anyone to read. I hope at least some of you will obtain the book and after reading try to galvanize others to get involved. Jack B. Walters May 17, 2012

No comments: