Thursday, March 11, 2010

American Ghouls

We Americans are a special breed. We are like vultures that descend on dying animals and devour their carcass, not satisfied until the bones are picked clean. I am ashamed to be associated with them. I have always prided myself in being an American but I will not associate myself with what many have become. The following paragraph will explain my wrath.
In today’s Arizona Daily Star there was an article from the Associated Press detailing lawsuits in process against the Toyota Corporation. I can accept that persons injured or deaths as a result of sticking accelerator pedals could be justified in filing claims but what appalled me was that to date over 89 class action law suits have been filed to recover loss of value of Toyota vehicles as a result of the mechanical problem being resolved. Kelley Blue Book has lowered the resale value of Toyotas by an average of 3.5%. These law suits could potentially cost the company in the Billions.
I proudly own a Toyota vehicle. Any law firm that contacts me will be rudely dealt with, as I would never be a part of anything as heinous as this. I can only hope there are likeminded others out there that would agree with me.
The law profession being what it is will always try to take advantage of situations as they arise. In addition juries seem to take great delight in granting huge awards. I am not proud of US Senators berating Toyota executives or Federal Judges working overtime to create class action law suits on behalf of all owners. I wonder how it is possible for manufacturing companies to exist in the America we have become.


Jack B. Walters
3961 N. Hillwood Circle
Tucson, AZ 85750
(520) 722-2958
March 11, 2010
jackbwalters@yahoo.com

No comments: